Looking for new options to better health?
Debbie Yu, MS, L.Ac offers acupuncture and customized Chinese herbal formulas. Her clinical interests are pain management, respiratory conditions, and dermatology. She is conveniently located near Greenlake of Seattle (and a TBA Eastside location)!
Education & Credentials:
- Licensed acupuncturist (L.Ac) in the state of Missouri #2016033327
- Licensed acupuncturist (L.Ac) and East Asian Medicine Practitioner (EAMP) in state of Washington #AC60415505
- Nationally Board certified by NCCAOM in Oriental Medicine
- BS in Natural Health Sciences from Bastyr University
- MS in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Bastyr University
- DAOM Candidate 2017 (Doctorate of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) from Oregon College of Oriental Medicine in Portland, OR
My awareness of the subtle energetic body began soon after I took my first yoga class in 2006. Yoga plays a huge role in both my physical and spiritual health; and I feel it expresses the best parts of me. It also encouraged me to pursue this path of medicine, healing, and spiritual health.
Chinese medicine has further deepened this path, and helped make it more substantial and tangible, thus sharable. As I learn more about acupuncture and Chinese medicine, not only am I enlivened with curiosity, but I am given so many tools to transfer this medicine and knowledge
I recently had the opportunity to practice primary care in rural Nepal for seven weeks as part of a six-month clinic with the Acupuncture Relief Project. I had the privilege of witnessing the transformative and potent effects of slow medicine. I was able to work with patience, given sufficient time to offer care with compassion and wisdom. Through this process, my boundaries and comfort levels were also tested and expanded – as a practitioner, friend, colleague, and person…read more about my travels form my personal blog!